Saturday, June 6, 2009

Re-infection bite

After being diagnosed with Lyme Disease and Q-fever in March 2008, I was reinfected with this tick bite about two weeks ago. I'm posting this for my friend's and other people's benefit.

This is the classic "bulls-eye rash" surrounding the tick bite - a key indicator that the tick was carrying Lyme Disease. It's necessary to note that 70 percent of the time, the rash will manifest, indicating an LD positive bite. The other 30 percent of the time there is no rash. I cannot remember the specific tick bite that infected me the first time because there was no bulls eye. This time, however, there's no mistaking it.

The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services reported in January 2008 that the "species of ticks that are known to transmit Lyme Disease have not been identified in Kentucky at this time."

I beg to differ.

No comments:

Post a Comment