Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Twiddling

Two Lyme posts in one month means that I'm trying to be more diligent about keeping up with this thing. I mean, if this can keep me from sleeping and make me feel like I'm within miliseconds of vomiting all day, the least I can do is write about it.

It's 1 in the morning and while I was quietly loading the dishwasher, I reflected on today, which was a quiet one for me and until I started replaying the events in my head, felt unproductive.

But it really wasn't.

I managed to pick up the house, do a load of laundry, do the dishes a couple times, feed the horses, make dinner and dessert, clean my bedroom, deal with my personal finances, write a story for Thursday (complete with graph), and watch the Biggest Loser finale.

All of those things seemed insurmountable at the time. I almost waited to ask my brother to help me pick up the house because my energy was at zero and this incredible ridiculous nausea had me sitting down every five minutes.

But I just took my time and did it all at my own pace. It's not that anyone requires me to do these things; I require them of myself. My mom, little brother and sister got back from an out-of-town trip - I wanted to have a nice family dinner. So we did. Took me awhile, even with their help (and the fact that the grill blew out didn't help) but we got it done.

Last week I started on all my supplements. That could be why I don't feel the best but this is pretty typical for me. It seems like every three or four weeks I have a couple/few bad days. Today I really struggled with my blood sugar and my heart rate. One thing I've learned through this whole thing is to listen to my body. So I rested when I needed to and got stuff done in the inbetween time.

Alright, I'm off to try bed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment