Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sick

Getting sick on top of being sick is something I try to steer clear of. It's like jumping ten steps backward in a matter of minutes.

So when, one by one, family members started having sore throats and I was emotionally stressed I took positive action by reinforcing my weak immune system via supplements and herbs.

Not soon enough, apparently, because here I sit in the recliner sniffling, coughing and with the heating pad laying over my tender knees.

Yes, I'm back to those days of the Comfort of the Heating Pad.

But my philosophy is to live life to its fullest and not let this disease take from me more than what it's entitled.

So that's why I attended the Little League baseball draft Friday night, fever and all. And after that went to an invitation-only dinner at a new restaurant in town. And the next day went gliding (feverless!)

Now, admittedly, I've slept 3-4 hours every afternoon and followed that up with a bedtime of about 10 and sleeping till 9:30 the next morning. And even after all that, I sit in the recliner and try not to fall asleep.

But I'm hopeful for today. I got up, took a shower, got dressed, drank a cup of coffee, and....am enjoying the heating pad on my back in the recliner. But I'm up, I'm up, going to unload the dishwasher and help clean up our living room, which currently looks like a frat house.

No comments:

Post a Comment